Don’t spend the rest of summer indoors. Work with a small but growing business in Muskoka outdoors! Enjoy the beauty of Muskoka while learning new skills and gaining unique experiences.
We are looking for a positive team member that enjoys working outdoors and perhaps getting a little dirty. We are a small family owned business and pride ourselves on creating a fun and inclusive work environment.
The position is full time for 8 weeks starting as soon as possible.
Wage: $14 – $16 hour
● Experience with landscaping and/or gardening
● Ability to lift up to 50lbs
● Have a positive attitude
● Enthusiasm for practicing ecological landscaping methods and a willingness to learn
● High School Diploma
● Receive daily instructions from supervisors
● Plant and seed native perennials and shrubs
● Weed and prepare garden beds
● Assisting clients in selecting and purchasing native perennials and shrubs
● Processing cash and credit card payments for plant purchases
● Assist in the maintenance of facilities including cleaning greenhouses
● Maintain a safe and organized job site
● Work in accordance with all health and safety laws and regulations
Preference will be given to those with a driver’s license and their own means of transportation.
Due to funding supplied by the Canada Summer Grants program. Applicants must be:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Hidden Habitat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.”