When: Thursday August 10, 2017 | 6 pm to 8 pm
Where: Hidden Habitat 2017 Southwood Road, Kilworthy, ON P0E 1G0
$35 per participant with all proceeds going to the Muskoka Conservancy
Grow wild and think beyond a pollinator patch or songbird garden. This workshop will take an ecosystem approach to gardening with a focus on plant selection, design techniques and maintenance must do’s (and don’ts).
The workshop will begin with a basic introduction into native plants and a tour of the Hidden Habitat gardens and meadows in the making.
In the workshop participants will:
- learn about the basic necessities of wildlife, focusing on songbirds and pollinators
- learn which plants are the most productive and create the most wildlife interactions
- learn the do’s and don’t of how to maintain a wildlife garden
- learn simple garden design principles that will ensure your garden is eye-catching all year long
- leave excited about starting your own wildlife garden
- shop for Muskoka grown Ontario native plants
Workshop will be held partially outdoors and hands on so please dress for the weather and for the garden. A handout will be provided but note taking and photos are welcome throughout the workshop.
To register please contact the Muskoka Conservancy at (705) 645-7393 or info @ muskokaconservancy.org