Posts Tagged “gardening for wildlife”
Thursday August 9, 2018 6:30 pm to 8 pm (registration closed)
Saturday August 18, 2018, 10 am to 11:30 am
Where: Hidden Habitat
2017 Southwood Road, Kilworthy, ON P0E 1G0
Cost: $25 + hst per participant
Grow wild and think beyond a pollinator patch or songbird garden. This workshop will take an ecosystem approach to gardening with a focus on plant selection, design techniques and maintenance must do’s (and don’ts).
The workshop will begin with a basic introduction into native plants and a tour of the Hidden Habitat gardens and meadows in the making.
In the workshop participants will:
- learn about the basic necessities of wildlife, focusing on songbirds and pollinators
- learn which plants are the most productive and create the most wildlife interactions
- learn the do’s and don’t of how to maintain a wildlife garden
- learn simple garden design principles that will ensure your garden is eye-catching all year long
- leave excited about starting your own wildlife garden
- shop for Muskoka grown Ontario native plants
Workshop will be held partially outdoors and hands on so please dress for the weather and for the garden. A handout will be provided but note taking and photos are welcome throughout the workshop.
Space is limited, so please purchase your ticket ahead to avoid disappointment.