Archive For April 4, 2018
Spring has sprung with a flurry of garden shows and talks and I am excited to have been asked to be a guest speaker for our local garden clubs.
I will be presenting at both the Gravenhurst and Bracebridge Horticultural Society this June at the dates below.
Gravenhurst Horticultural Society on June 19, 2018, 7 pm at 480 First St., Gravenhurst
You can find more information about the Gravenhurst Horticultural Society at www.gardenontario.org/site.php/gravhs
Bracebridge Horticultural Society on June 26, 2018, 7:30 pm at the Centre for Active Living (Bracebridge Centennial Seniors), 54 Dominion Street, Bracebridge.
You can find more information about the Bracebridge Horticultural Society at www.gardenontario.org/site.php/bracebr/about/meetings
Both presentations will be about gardening for wildlife, focusing on native plant selection and maintenance tips. I will also be bringing a selection of some of our more uncommon native plants for sale.
We are excited to be celebrating Earth Day, April 22, 2018 at Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre.
We will be selling our Ontario native plants and shrubs as well as doing a short but informative presentation on how to effectively garden for wildlife.
Unearth your learning this Earth Day through a Wye Marsh lecture series and endless opportunities to escape, explore and experience!
- 10:00 am – Helping the Turtles of Simcoe County
- 11:00 am – Gardening for Wildlife – Hidden Habitat
- 12:00 pm – Bee of Assistance: How to Attract and Identify Bees – Bonnie Bee Honey
- 1:00 pm – American Kestrels in Simcoe County: How We Can Help
- Guided Hikes – Gain insight into the mysteries that are emerging this spring
- School Children Reflections – Brought to you by local students who share what they have learned and loved about wild spaces
- Swan Songs – Learn from Wye Marsh Swan Monitoring Volunteers that care for these wild beauties
You can learn more about Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre at www.wyemarsh.com