Archive For The “Our Company” Category
Don’t spend your summer indoors. Work with a small but growing business in Muskoka outdoors! Enjoy the beauty of Muskoka while learning new skills and gaining unique experiences.
We are looking for a positive team member that enjoys working outdoors and perhaps getting a little dirty. We are a small family-owned business and pride ourselves on creating a fun and inclusive work environment.
The position is seasonal, part-time and/or full-time May 3rd – August 27th, 2021 (start and end dates are flexible and possibly dependent on funding)
Nursery and Landscaper Assistant
● Experience with landscaping and/or gardening
● Ability to lift up to 50lbs
● Have a positive attitude
● Enthusiasm for practicing ecological landscaping methods and a willingness to learn
● High School Diploma
● Receive daily instructions from supervisors
● Plant and seed native perennials and shrubs
● Weed and prepare garden beds (includes removing sod, moving soil & mulch, placing rocks etc.)
● Assist in the construction of hardscapes and landscape construction projects (including pathways, decks, fences etc.)
● Assisting clients in selecting and purchasing native perennials and shrubs
● Processing cash and credit card payments for plant purchases
● Assist in the maintenance of facilities including cleaning greenhouses
● Maintain a safe and organized job site
● Work in accordance with all health and safety laws and regulations
Preference will be given to those with a driver’s license and their own means of transportation.
Due to potential funding supplied by the Canada Summer Grants program.
Applicants should be:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hidden Habitat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.