When: September 13, 2018 6:30pm to 8 pm
Where: Hidden Habitat 2017 Southwood Road, Kilworthy, ON P0E 1G0
$35 per participant*
Whether you want to turn a small piece of your lawn into a haven for birds and butterflies, or have a field you want to return to a productive landscape for wildlife, this workshop will help you create your very own meadow environment.
The workshop will begin with a basic introduction into native plants and a tour of the Hidden Habitat gardens and meadows in the making.
In the workshop participants will:
- learn about different meadow ecosystems in Ontario
- learn which plants are ideal to grow in your meadow
- learn how and when to seed a meadow
- learn how to prepare and maintain your meadow
- learn how to transform lawn into meadow
- enjoy warming beverages and light refreshments around an open fire
- leave excited about starting your own meadow
*Fee does not include seeds. Native grass and flower seeds will be available for purchase after the workshop.
Workshop will be held partially outdoors and hands on so please dress for the weather and for the garden. A handout will be provided but note taking and photos are welcome throughout the workshop.
Registration opening soon.